Monday, May 14, 2012

Painting of the Week: Water Hazard

This is my first painting...ever (Well, in my adult life. I'm sure there were some finger paintings done when I was a kid). One day as I was driving to work (I do my best thinking/brainstorming in the car and in the shower) I got a vision of this painting: an abstract-ish golf hole. Given that the odds of success for this painting were very low, I am pleasantly surprised with how well it turned out. My friend Cally named it "Water Hazard" - which I thought was perfect.

I recruited my aunt, who is a great artist, to have a painting day with me (I knew she would be able to help me bring my vision to life and that I would get a fun day out of it too). I drove up to her house in Santa Barbara that Saturday to get to work. We took our supplies to the beach by her house and set up camp. After five short hours, I got a sunburn and this painting.

I am lucky to come from a family that is extremely creative and artistic. I am just now tapping into my artsy side and I can't wait to see where it takes me! Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the scenery I was painting in or any progress shots, but here is the final masterpiece.


Let me know what you all think!

No comments:

Post a Comment