Friday, May 25, 2012

Kale Chips

In my recent attempt to eat healthier, I purchased kale while on my weekly grocery shopping trip to Trader Joe's. To all of you who think Kale is simply a garnish, think again! Once I got home I realized I wasn't in the mood for a salad so I investigated other ways to prepare and eat kale.  I decided to make kale chips (once again taking something healthy and making it unhealthy aka more yummy. These are still extremely healthy though and a great alternative to potato chips).  I covered a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up and poured half the bag of kale onto the tray.  I drizzled some olive oil on top and used my hands to toss the kale before grinding some sea salt on top.  Then I put the tray into the oven for 20 minutes at 300 degrees and ... voila! Kale chips!  An easy, healthy, salty snack!



The most delicious salty lettuce you will ever eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment