Friday, May 4, 2012

Painting of the Week: Leroy

I made a painting for my friend Lilly of her puppy Leroy. Leroy is ridiculously precious! I wanted to bring Lilly a gift to thank her for letting me stay with her and once I thought of the Leroy painting it was game on. He is obsessed with huge Magnolia tree leaves so I used a picture that I found on Facebook as inspiration and subbed out the tennis ball for a leaf in his mouth. Lilly loved the painting but Leroy was afraid of it and barked at it like it was a ghost (or a reflection on the wall that he often barks at too).

I had to do somewhat of a rush job as I was hopping on the plane to Denver in two days when I got inspired to do the painting. Let's just say it was a long night. Halfway through I thought I had definitely bitten off more than I could chew (no pun intended Leroy!). Thank god I had some wine to help me through the finish line.

Inspiration:


Batman Leroy:


So close, yet so far:


Final product:





xoxo
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment