Monday, May 14, 2012

Meatless Monday: Grilled Cheese with a Twist




While at work one day, I heard it was National Grilled Cheese Day (Yes, please!).  On my way home I stopped at the store to get some bread and cheese (I knew I already had some, but didn't want to risk coming up short).  While I thoroughly enjoyed devouring this delicious and buttery Grilled Cheese, I decided I needed to make it more exciting next time.  This is how I came up with the Grilled Cheese with Avocado, Pesto and hot sauce.  Just posting the pictures makes me want one right now!

What you will need:

- Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 Avocado
- 2 slices of bread
- Pesto
- Tapatio (or hot sauce of your choice)

Start by slicing the avocado into thin slices.


Next, butter the pan and put one slice of bread with cheese on top (get the cheese nice and melted).


While the cheese is melting prepare the other slice of bread by covering it in pesto, adding the avocado strips and several dashes of hot sauce. Put the second piece of bread on top of the melted cheese slice and flip over.


Once both sides of the bread are golden brown, take off of the stove. Let cool for a minute and chow down!


2 comments:

  1. ewwww gross! i hates avocado ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grilled cheese looks delish! I can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete