Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Red, White, and Blue Berries!

Last night, my friend Jenny sent me a picture of these Red, White and Blue Berries and I immediately asked her to guest post.  I saw these featured here, and wish I had the patience to make them tonight for the 4th of July tomorrow.

I met Jenny at my current workplace, Rodale.  We were both Sales Assistants together and after Jenny made the long (and brave) move across the country to NYC, we were both promoted to Sales Planner around the same time.  I am lucky to count Jenny as one of my good friends and couldn't get through the workday without having her a phone call (or gchat) away.

Please welcome guest blogger, Jenny Whiting!

Hello from NYC! I'm Ria's Co-Worker/East Coast Counterpart...and more importantly, devout follower of Yumsicles and happy to share a little festive treat that is perfect for your Fourth of July celebrations.



These are so incredibly easy it's ridiculous. All you need is three ingredients: Strawberries, white chocolate chips, and blue sugar. 

First, simply wash and dry your berries.

Next, melt the white chocolate chips (Tip - Melt in 20 seconds increments, taking the time to stir between each). 

Once the white chocolate is stirred smooth, dip your berries (make sure the berries are dry after you wash them so the dip adheres) and then immediately dip into the blue sugar. 

Place them on a cookie sheet or tray lined with parchment paper.  Continue this process with each berry until you are done.

Lastly, refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Enjoy!!

Now everyone, these are so easy and perfect to bring to that 4th of July BBQ or party.  Please send pics if you make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment