Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Easy, Cheesy Toast



I was about to make some Parmesan toast, but feeling inspired by this post, I decided to make my own version (minus the avocado, sadly). It was absolutely delish on Trader Joes' Roasted Garlic Asiago bread (which you should try whether or not you make this toast)!


The only problem I had was broiling the cheese.  I tried the broiler in my oven AND the toaster oven but the cheese wouldn't broil!  This was fresh mozzarella so I am thinking that had something to do with it.  The fresh basil leaf torn up on top was a nice addition. I bought a basil plant last week at Trader Joes and it has the hugest leaves on it!  They were perfect for homemade Caprese - I will post that soon!  Anyways, this cheesy toast was a great quick and easy snack that definitely hit the spot.

Sorry I didn't take more pictures, as you can see I even took a bite before taking the picture above.  I was VERY hungry!

1.  Cut the amount of bread you would like from loaf.

2.   Squeeze desired amount of lemon juice over piece of bread (I used about 1/2 of a lemon, but I LOVE lemon juice!).

3.  Top with your favorite cheese. I had fresh mozarella on hand, but you could also use parmesan, jack, or whatever is your favorite.

4.  Sprinkle red peppers on top.  It would also be great with rosemary on top.

5.  Broil or toast for 5-10 minutes or until your toast looks about how you want to eat it.  Be careful not to over-broil your toast and burn it!

6.  Top with chopped fresh basil leaves and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment