Thursday, June 7, 2012

Healthy Treat - Raw "Cookie Dough" Bites

Frozen Cookie Dough Bites
 
If you are reading this, you MUST go get the ingredients and make these delicious treats tonight!  Soooo yummy and healthy too!  If you know me, I am the queen of treats.  Seriously, it is a miracle I don't weight 300 pounds (maybe I am getting close...)!  These Raw "Cookie Dough" Bites are made with nuts and oats so they are healthy (guilt-free)!  I made these last night and had to post about them today!  I am aware that I am going overboard with the exclamation marks!

When I came across this recipe (here) I decided to give it a try but I was VERY skeptical.  I mean come on, how can you throw together a bunch of healthy ingredients with some chocolate chips and have it taste like dessert?  But these are great!  Seriously...you must make them!  I was eating the dough before I even put the balls into the freezer.

Here's what you need:
  • 2/3 cup raw almonds
  • 2/3 cup raw walnuts
  • 2/3 cup raw oat flakes (I used the oatmeal I already had at home)
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips (I used regular chocolate chips)
Ingredients (forgot the oats in the picture)
First of all, I don't have a food processor, and it wasn't necessary.  So I put the almonds, walnuts, oat flakes and cinnamon into my magic bullet and did a bit of blending, shaking, blending, shaking and blending.  Finally I poured everything in to a bowl and sifted through to get the large chunks of nuts to blend those again.  Small chunks are definitely ok, just not large pieces of nuts.


Next, I poured the blended ingredients into a bowl and added the vanilla and agave nectar and stirred until all of the mixture was coated (not dry).  Then, I blended up the chocolate chips for a few seconds and mixed that in.  Then form the mixture into tiny, bite-sized balls and freeze for one hour (if you can wait that long, or just gobble them up)!

Please ignore my chipped nails
PLEASE make this and let us know if you loved these treats as much as I did!

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I saw this recipe I ran to the store and picked up the ingredients ( I used to eat cookie dough for dinner when I was a teenager :o). These are DELICIOUS and you don't feel guilty while you're eating them :)

    ReplyDelete